Yesterday was No D Day. It is something that my friend George started a few years ago. “It is one day a year when we all try our best to NOT mention diabetes online, all day. ALL DAY! We all spend a lot of time talking about Diabetes and our lives are filled with more that that disease. We are more that a disease!” While I am a day late, I still wanted to get my No D Day in.
Ever since Kerri posted her Anti Rant a couple of weeks ago, it has been on my mind to do the same. So here goes my list of just some of the things I am thankful for 🙂
- Pumpkin. It sounds cliche but I love pumpkin flavors or scents. My living room smells delicious with the wallflower scent of Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Bath and Body Works. So do my hands for that matter with the same scent of cream. Who doesn’t love a pumpkin latte? I’m on the hunt for some pumpkin pie spice to add to my meal replacement shakes in the morning. And a pumpkin cupcake from Crumbs? I’m not even going there.
- Boston. My hubby and I have visited there 5 out of the last 6 years. We love it. We just enjoyed a weekend there and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Boston Common has got to be one of my favorite places on earth. I could sit and walk around there all day 🙂
- A good workout. Honestly. I don’t know why I fought exercise for so long. 100% of the time when I am done, I feel great. Whether it’s a ride on my spin bike or one of the few programs I have at home, it’s all good.
- Easy days at work. I work for an investment bank so my job is a high stress environment. There are times when I feel too burnt out for my age after working in this industry since college. But there are those rare days that are not completely filled with meetings or deadlines or audits or issues. And I cherish those.
- Sleep. I am not one of those people who get up before their alarm on their own. Ever. Now that it is the time of year that it is dark when I get up during the week, it is so much harder to actually get up. I hate it. I count down the days until the next time I can sleep in!
- A good book or movie or TV show. I love when I’m reading a book that I cannot wait to get back to or even make extra time to finish reading. Any book by Elizabeth Joy Arnold is one of those. And thank goodness for Netflix! During our long trip to Boston over the weekend, I was able to start catching up from the first episode of New Girl. Hilarious show. I highly recommend it if you don’t watch it already.
- These kids. My daily life is very different from those of you who have children. It’s quiet 😉 I can do whatever I want, wherever I want, whenever I want. And while I enjoy that piece of my world, there is always that part of me that deeply misses out on having my own children. But these three? They come pretty darn close. (Especially since they could pass as mine thanks to the identical twin genetics that I share with their mother!)
There is so very much that I am thankful for. But I wanted to keep this post at a reasonable length 🙂