I’m sure I’m not alone in wondering how on earth it is November already?!?!!? It feels like just yesterday that we were getting used to the year 2010 and shoveling lots and lots of snow in NYC. Now there’s only 2 more months left of the year and I’m hoping this winter’s snowfalls are not a repeat of last year!
All that being said, November is a busy month for those of us who advocate for diabetes awareness. I will admit, I’ll mostly be taking a back seat to a lot of the events this year since I am literally up to my nose in boxes from our move. But I wanted to still do my part in getting the word out of all that is going on. So here are some of the things to look forward to!
- The month of November is Diabetes Awareness Month. There are so many ways you can educate and raise awareness about living with diabetes. Below are some of the ways.
- Today marks SAE It Loud Day, started by our friend Sarah over at Sugabetic. Join the crowd and let everyone know you have something to SAE!
- Check out this video. Each time the video is viewed, a donation will made to provide a child with diabetes in one the poorest countries a week’s worth of insulin.
- November 9th is D-Blog Day. D-bloggers all around the country (and beyond) will be posting about six things they want people to know about diabetes. I know I can’t wait to read all the blogs.
- November 14th is World Diabetes Day. There are lots of events being planned for this big day in the diabetes community so look around for one near you!
- The Big Blue Test will also take place on World Diabetes Day. Make sure you participate!
- There will be type 1 talks being held for World Diabetes Day. If you can, join the conversation!
- The month of November is also National Blog Posting Month. A lot of d-bloggers will be taking advantage of this opportunity to blog about diabetes and raise awareness every day of the month. Kudos to each of you who will be doing this!
- Blue is the “official” World Diabetes Day color. Take Mike’s idea and make your blog blue for diabetes. Or you can wear blue every Friday like Cherise will be.
- Diabetes Social Media Advocacy will be hosting guest blogs from a different person with diabetes each day of the month. (look out, I may just be one of them!)
Phew! That’s a lot to take in. But it’s all good. And we are all going to show the world just what having diabetes means and why finding a cure is so important.
6 thoughts on “November = Busy Diabetics”
Thanks for all the links to all of this stuff. I was having trouble finding the info on some of it. 🙂
I love just how busy this month will be with diabetes advocacy, awareness and education. 🙂 And a huge congrats to you on your new home!!!!
Great run down – thanks Stacey!!
November did kindof come out of nowhere. 🙂
some of thyroid disease symptoms are similar to diabetes symptoms, so i’m always interested in articles & such on diabetes. thanks for sharing this information.
Thanks for the shout out, Stacey!
It certainly is a busy month. AND the events you listed above are just the beginning. We also have shorter daylight, Thanksgiving and it certainly is getting colder. Thanks for sharing your list of D-events in November!